I have the great honour of attending the Sixth Annual Oxford Animal Ethics Summer School on Humane Education; Increasing sensitivity to animals and humans.
21-24 July 2019, at St Stephen’s House, University of Oxford
Here are some of the topics that will be covered. I think that I am going to enjoy this!
- Can education make people more humane?
- Can empathy be taught?
- Are humans “naturally” violent?
- What is the role of humane societies in combatting cruelty?
- How important is humane education to both animal protection and human protection?
- How effective is the existing provision of humane education in schools, colleges, and universities worldwide?
- Should public money fund humane education?
- What is the rationale behind humane education?
- Where are the leading centres of humane education, and who are the leading humane educators?
- Does humane education expose the link between animal abuse and human violence?
- Should animal ethics be part of humane education?